I`m so happy to share with you a Blender add-on that Aleksandr Kilimnik and I have been working on for over a year.
We poured our souls into it and hopefully it will make 3D modelling fun again!
With QuickShape you will be able to draw shapes instantly in 3D.
Split, taper, or extrude your geometry.
Advanced workplane alignment feature, so you can draw from any orientation.
The sky is the limit!
- Draw with Box, Circle, Lasso, NGON or Metaballs.
- NGON with Snapping, Freehand drawing and Arc support.
- Draw tapered/bevelled shapes.
- Auto mirroring and arraying for every shape you draw.
- Randomize depth to bring variety to your shapes.
- UVs are kept intact for Photomodelling.
- And so much more!
- Blender 2.83
- Blender 2.90.1
- Blender 2.91
- Blender 2.92
- Blender 2.93
QuickShape v4.5 Release Notes
- Auto Smooth added to Ctrl D menu
- Revised and improved Sample Size and Resize features
- Improvements to Expansion/Shrink tools
- Use right-click to cut through in Interactive Mode
- Bug fixes
- Fix for starting QS right after hiding an object
- Hide bool objects from Render
- Proper order for Merge To Active
- Multiple improvements to remesh/smooth/merge to active workflow
- Sample Size fix
- QuickTexture Compatibility
QuickShape v4.1 Release Notes
- 3D Mouse Support
- Hotkeys now match Blenders style in that you don't have to press and hold anymore! IE: Press 'F' once and let go to activate brush resizing by moving the mouse, and then you can either press the same hotkey to close it or press LMB
- When editing any settings holding Shift/Ctrl/Alt will slow it down/speed it up/drastically speed it up respectively. This is very useful if your scene is really big or small and the default speed isn't enough
- Isolate and Hide support
- Instanced/multi user geometry support
- Switch to the old boolean system in Ctrl D menu (if booleans are being slow, change to this!)
- Fixed depth sample and depth editing
- Improved Collection management
- New algo implemented to allow for better drawing with the lasso tool, no more geometry errors
- Option to add a point on final NGON confirmation
- Cavity/Shadow bug fixes
- Revamped Mirror and Array system, more intuitive and simple. If it starts getting slow, consider just having a mirror on the object you are cutting, and/or switching to old boolean system.
- Interactive Width! A new mode that lets you set the size of the shape in 3D after you have drawn it
- Unified N Panel with all QuickTools
- Bug Fixes and improved Alt Nav support
- K reset for metaball
QuickShape v.3.4 Release Notes
- Draw in Sculpt mode!
- Draw on Surface method added (requires remesh value to be above 0 if in Object mode)
- Voxel Remesh every shape automatically with resolution setting in Ctrl D menu
- Will automatically apply voxel remesh to shapes drawn in Sculpt Mode that match the current resolution of the object.
- Merge To Active set to 'ON' when drawing in sculpt mode will remesh AFTER the shape is joined together, thus creating one solid mesh. Merge To Active 'OFF' will keep each mesh separate, thus creating an automatic face set. Both methods can be super useful depending on the task!
- Alt + F to change the depth of shape after it's been drawn
- Option added to type in Depth in Ctrl D menu
- Option added to change Direction in Ctrl D menu
- Improvements to Rotate/Move/Scale system when editing shapes
- Resets shading mode back to whatever you had when exiting the addon
- Fix cavity/shadow bug
QuickShape Blender Release Notes
New Snapping system that works in combination with QuickDeform
- Select a smoothing amount and a snapping angle and use the lasso tool to draw perfectly straight lines, even in perspective!
- Hold SHIFT to temporarily draw freehand
Thickness (solidify) now supports separate (green shape)
Mirror/Array 3D Cursor System V2
- When you select one of the axes in the CTRL D menu and draw, every modifier and empty will be created and linked for you
- With Modifiers From Active (enabled by default) on, you will draw with the Mirror/Array settings from your selected object
- As soon as you draw a shape, the checkboxes will TURN OFF. The power in this method comes from the ability to have multiple setups by reactivating the checkbox and setting a new 3D cursor location, and then bounce between them for your new objects by just choosing a different selected object before drawing. Try it out!
New "Along Normal" workplane mode
New "First Click" workplane mode
- Workplane V2! We rebuilt the workplane from scratch, making it more intuitive, more effective, and much faster
- Brush size circle now matches blender unit scale
- Improved Automatic UV system, works in conjunction with QuickDeform!
- Expand/shrink size is now a percentage of the objects size to ensure you don't over-extrude
- Ngon now snaps to the first point!
- Alt Q pie menu added as a first step towards giving users an option to use less hotkeys overall
- Hotkey changes:
- MMB to confirm NGON
- G to move shape
- Shift + Space to repeat shape
- Ctrl + Alt + RMB to rotate workplane around normal
- ALT + W to reset workplane to the ground
- Custom text scale and other customization options
- Support for ALT Navigation
- Local Array
- Intersect Boolean added to Menu
- Merge To Active bug fixes
- Circle constrain fix
- Fix for QuickShape not going away if trying to launch in multiple views
- Window buffer fixes
- Fix for text not adapting to window size on the fly
- New intersect (purple shape) boolean
- Useful shader settings in CTRL D menu
- ALT D and CTRL P hotkey changes
- You get all the upcoming updates for free.
Join Our Discord!
- Stay up to date with any upcoming news.
- Receive immediate help with any questions regarding our tools.
You will receive a free 40-minute basic introduction video included with the purchase.
You've purchased this product
See it in your libraryView in Library
We charged your card and sent you a receipt
You'll need an account to access this in our app. Please create a password to continue.
Download from the App Store or text yourself a link to the app
Good news! Since you already have a Gumroad account, it's also been added to your library.